Komodo National Park
This itinerary is not for beginners. Most dives will involve going to depth and currents can be strong. We recommend you have 50 logged dives to join this trip and require that you are Deep Diver/Advanced Open Water or equivalent.
All diving is made from zodiacs to give precise entry and exit points.
Port of Embarkation: Labuan Bajo (Komodo Airport)
The Komodo National Park is world renowned for the excellent quality and variety of diving. Water temperatures change between the north and south of the Park and provide varied encounters. In the north we have the black sands of the Sangeang Volcano with its critters and bubble flows and the reefs around Gili Banta. The south provides cooler temperatures with manta action and nutrient rich reefs with ocean flow from the Indian Ocean. The central section provides reefs and small islands teeming with life fed by the currents running between the islands of Komodo and Rinca. Add to this the chance to see the famous Komodo Dragon in its natural habitat, beautiful beaches, look-outs to climb and you have a paradise both below and above the water.
A 7-night cruise generally takes in sites in the Central and Southern Sections of the Komodo National Park. On occasions the cruise will take in the Central and Northern Sections depending on sea and wind conditions, especially related to southerly swells.
Highlights may include but are not limited to:
Central Section - dives including
- Gili Lawa: Castle Rock, Crystal Rock, Shotgun, Lighthouse Reef and Golden Passage
- Tatawa: Tatawa Kecil and Tatawa Besar
- Sebayor: Sebayor Kecil and Sebayor Mini Wall
- Makassar Reef: Manta feeding and cleaning
- Wai Nilu: Critter dive near the entrance to Rinca Drago walk ranger station
- Batu Bolong: Rock out crop in the middle of the Komodo channel. (Dive protected side)
Southern Section - dives including
- Padar: Three Sisters and Secret Garden
- Nusa Kode: Cannibal Rock, Yellow Wall of Texas, Boulders and Torpedo Alley
- Manta Alley: South Komodo if conditions permit. Manta cleaning stations
Northern Section - dives including
- Sangeang Volcano: Hot Rocks and Deep Purple
- Gili Banta: Star Wars and Roller Coaster
- North West Komodo: Region of Batu Moncho
Please note: Divers going to South Komodo need to realise the temperatures can drop from 28°C to around 20°C. A 5mm wetsuit and hood is highly recommended for this region. Water temperature in the central and northern section of the park average 27-28°C.
Komodo National Park - Availability
Special offers are in red and have limited availability, so book early to ensure you don't miss out.
|Date||Boat||Dep / Arr||Spaces||Rate||Passengers|
|20/07/2020 - 27/07/2020||MY Emperor Raja Laut||Labuan Bajo||12||€ 2,590.00||Book|
|06/08/2020 - 13/08/2020||MY Emperor Raja Laut||Labuan Bajo||12||€ 2,590.00||Book|
|23/08/2020 - 30/08/2020||MY Emperor Raja Laut||Labuan Bajo||12||€ 2,590.00||Book|
|05/09/2020 - 12/09/2020||MY Emperor Harmoni||Labuan Bajo||20||€ 3,290.00||Please Email|
|13/09/2020 - 20/09/2020||MY Emperor Harmoni||Labuan Bajo||16||€ 3,290.00||Book|
|09/09/2021 - 16/09/2021||MY Emperor Harmoni||Bali - Labuan Bajo||20||€ 3,780.00||Book|