This itinerary is not for beginners. Most dives will involve going to depth and currents can be strong. We recommend you have 50 logged dives to join this trip and require that you are Advanced Open Water or equivalent. If you are Open Water or equivalent you will be required to take part in the Advanced Open Water course on board. All diving is made from zodiacs to give precise entry and exit points.
Port of Embarkation: Labuan Bajo (Komodo Airport)
The Banda Sea cruise is for those with the spirit of adventure as we set sail to rarely dived sites, islands and atolls. There are several ways to cross the Banda Sea and this depends mostly on the weather and the depths of the thermoclines for the hammerhead sharks. Crossing is generally done in March and October when the prevailing winds are changing between the seasons. Seldom-dived sites, active volcanoes, hammerheads and pelagic action, plus a visit to the mythic Banda Islands (original Spice Islands) make this a once in a lifetime cruise.
Please note: There are 600-700 nautical miles to cover during this 12-night cruise. We are mostly diving three dives a day and then travelling at night. This cruise is not advised for people who get very sea sick or who are unable to sleep whilst the boat is under way. For those with a bit of salty seadog in you, you are definitely looking at the right itinerary. See you on board.
This cruise may, depending on the route chosen, but not limited to, include the following highlights:
- Komba Volcano: Komba Ridge, Komba Reef and Lava Slope
- Alor Region: Boardroom, Babylon and Cave Point
- Wetar Area: Tanjung Nanukae, Nunukae Wall, Reong North and Reong Wall
- Gunung Api: Snake Ridge, Snake Pit and Sulfur Ridge
- Tebang Area: Nusleur Wall, Tebang North and Tebang South
- Nil Desperandum: Hammerhead dives depending on conditions for sites
- Manuk Island: Dives depending on conditions for sites
- Banda Islands: Pohon Miring, Batu Kapal, Batu Kapal Pinnacle, Banda Neira Jetty and Lava Flow
- Secret Spots: We have some excellent spots for shark action that we prefer not to publish
Land Visits: On this cruise we visit Banda Neira to see the nutmeg plantation, historic forts and small Maritime Museum. An excursion of half a day, plus two good nights' sleep on anchor before and after. Trust us, we all need it by then.
Banda Sea - Availability
Special offers are in red and have limited availability, so book early to ensure you don't miss out.
|Date||Boat||Dep / Arr||Spaces||Rate||Passengers|
|10/10/2018 - 22/10/2018||MY Emperor Raja Laut||Labuan Bajo - Ambon||12||€ 4,259.00||Book|